Sunday, August 20, 2017
Online registration will open until Wed, August 16th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Cost: By Donation, you will be asked at the end of the registration process. Donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt,
Location (Start/Finish): Minerva Park, McKellar, Ontario
Check in/register: 8:00 am for 38 km and 93 km riders, 10:00 for 10 km riders
|9:00||38 km||Challenging Fun Ride||Centre/Hurdville Roads to Tait's Landing in Hurdville, and return|
|9:00||93 km||Experienced Bike Ride||124 to 520, 520 to Bunny Trail, to Hurdville Rd, to Centre Rd, to McKellar|
|10:00||10 km||Family and Beginners Ride||124 McKellar Lake Road, Martha Drive and return|
Online registration available until Wed, Aug 16th, until 6:00 pm. Onsite registration available at 8:00 am, Aug 20th, at Minerva Park.
The McKellar Recreation Committee and Parry Sound Bikes presents the McKellar Bikes - Ride the Roads, in support of Treetops Community Forest.
Parry Sound Bikes will be on hand to provide last minute minor adjustments. There will be a floater vehicle but carry own supplies to change flats.
Coffee/ snacks available for sale in morning. Bring own nutrition for the Ride. Bottled water available on route. Bring money- all routes pass by a store or restaurant. BBQ items for sale from 12-2pm at Minerva Park
Rain or shine (Thunderstorms and lightning are the exception)
Volunteers … Please follow instructions and smile and thank them
Safety Guide to a Safe Ride
- Roads are OPEN to vehicle traffic.
- Please follow the rules of the road to keep yourself and others safe
- You are responsible for your own safety
- Wear a helmet. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY for all participants
- Do NOT ride more than two abreast
- Ontario Highway Traffic Act applies equally to cyclists and motorists
- Be courteous to motorists and other cyclists.
- Safety is enhanced if motorist frustration is minimized
- Ensure bike is tuned up and road ready before the Ride
- Communicate your intention to pass other cyclists
- Use caution at all times
- Please avoid cell phones and personal audio systems while cycling
- Everyone do their part to ensure a fun and safe ride