Winter Cycling at Georgian Nordic Outdoor Activity Centre
Access to trails for riding may be restricted during large events at GNOAC and is also highly dependent on trail conditions.
Firm conditions: Lynx, Wolf, Partridge, Otter, Bear, Bear Cub, Grizzly, Fisher
Marginal conditions: Otter, Bear, Bear Cub, Grizzly, Fisher
Always: Bear Cub, Grizzly, Fisher, Mink, Bobcat, Otter-Bear Pond, Lookout, Lookout Pond. These snowshoe trails are groomed intermittently and are more suitable for experienced/fit riders
For shared trails (e.g., Bear/Otter), please stay on one side, and away from the ski track and ride in the marked direction of skiing.
Half Day or Full Day - Day passes
Day passes/memberships are available from with burrow attendant, Trysport, or Parry Sound Bikes
Fat Bikes must yield to all other users.
- Winter cycling at GNOAC is only possible through continued cooperation between cyclists, snowshoers, and skiers. Please do your part to keep fat tire cycling a viable option.
- If you are not sure it is a good day to ride, or to ask about current conditions and planned events, riders can contact the burrow attendant, 705.746.5067, or visit the website/social media sites.
- Do not ride if the snow is too soft. As a general rule, if you have to get off and push your bike or have a hard time riding in a straight line, the snow is too soft and you should not ride.
- Helmets are mandatory
- Lights (front and rear) and bells are highly recommended
- Winter cycling tires must be wider than 3.5″ and tire pressure must be less than 10 psi to help with traction and minimize damage on trails.
- Give skiers a wide berth, always ride on the left side of the trails where possible
- When crossing trails slow down, stop, and check for skiers, and do not ride in the classic ski tracks
- Any questions? Read our FAQs about winter cycling.
Check out these videos
- 2016 Cycling at Georgian Nordic Outdoor Activity Club
- 2021 Epic Fatbiking at Georgian Nordic Outdoor Activity Centre
- 2021 Night Time fatbiking at Georgian Nordic Outdoor Activity Centre